Our shortcomings, no matter how trivial they may be, will affect us and the relationships we have in more than one way. I know the title of this post might be misleading as 'feeding' something will actually cause it to grow. No, the post title does not imply making your shortcomings even worse than they already are. Imagine every area of your life (spiritual, financial etc) as healthy 11 year old kids. Now imagine your shortcoming as looking like a very under malnourished 11 year old kid. Feeding your shortcoming will mean bringing it back to the state where it should be.
Shortcoming vary from very trivial things to very important stuff. However, they will most likely affect us and our relationships with people in similar ways. Shortcomings could be anything from knowing how to cook to cleanliness or more serious issues such as time or anger management.
Identifying your Shortcomings
Denial is something special. Most of us are blind to see or accept the fact that we do have shortcoming. An adult who is not a good house keeper, especially a female might not see this as a shortcoming until she decides to live together with her significant other. An overweight individual may not see the reason to lose weight or have a carefree attitude towards losing weight until they have a serious risk condition caused by obesity. A less than confident individual may have been doing OK just getting by' and coping with the stresses of the society until one day, something hits home and they breakdown.
Whatever it is that your shortcoming is, identifying it is key to feeding it. In most cases, you short coming would have been pointed out to you before, probably more than once. I am not happy with my shortcomings so I take active steps to eliminate them. If you are comfortable with your shortcomings, you are in denial. A shortcoming hinders you from reaching your true potential. It will always be there waiting to bring you down when you least expect. Is that what you really want? Wouldn't you rather identify it and start taking actions towards it?
I'll tell about my shortcoming. I am not the tidiest person you know. I work 24/7 so my brain just automatically sees tidiness as something that is less important. You will find my clothes on the floor and yes, my shoes will be at the north and south poles of the room. Secretly, I wished I could be immaculate but I honestly don't have time for it. I didn't make any excuse for it, I just thought about a way to feed it. Trying to be tidy was out of the question, I had little time for it.
Feeding Your Shortcomings
There was only one solution, hiring a cleaner. Yes, I said it. Yes, it costs. Yes, that means a little extra out of my pocket BUT the shoes are in the racks, the beds are made and having a tidy clean and scented environment is what i would rather come home to. However, if you did not know this and came to visit me at home you might be in shock of how 'in place' everything is. Of course I didn't do it, but my space is tidy. Goal achieved. Shortcoming fed, this time- with money. Be aware that feeding a shortcoming with money will be expensive but for me this solution is cost effective and fit into my personal life.
However, the way I feed mine does not automatically mean that is the only way. If I had more time, I probably could dedicate specific times of the day to making my space and environment more welcoming. This goes for anything else, because there are some things money cant buy, some shortcomings need to be fed through time, hard work, practice and dedication. Obviously, this only works if you are tired of your shortcoming and you are ready to do something about it.
I am yet to see a shortcoming that a solution cannot be found for. If you are willing to feed your shortcomings, it WILL eat. We as a people need to strive to be better. The phrase ' my imperfections make me perfect' is true to a certain degree but some people take this too far. The less shortcomings you have, the better you will feel and the more accomplished you can be in life. Take action today.
Shortcoming vary from very trivial things to very important stuff. However, they will most likely affect us and our relationships with people in similar ways. Shortcomings could be anything from knowing how to cook to cleanliness or more serious issues such as time or anger management.
Identifying your Shortcomings
Denial is something special. Most of us are blind to see or accept the fact that we do have shortcoming. An adult who is not a good house keeper, especially a female might not see this as a shortcoming until she decides to live together with her significant other. An overweight individual may not see the reason to lose weight or have a carefree attitude towards losing weight until they have a serious risk condition caused by obesity. A less than confident individual may have been doing OK just getting by' and coping with the stresses of the society until one day, something hits home and they breakdown.
Whatever it is that your shortcoming is, identifying it is key to feeding it. In most cases, you short coming would have been pointed out to you before, probably more than once. I am not happy with my shortcomings so I take active steps to eliminate them. If you are comfortable with your shortcomings, you are in denial. A shortcoming hinders you from reaching your true potential. It will always be there waiting to bring you down when you least expect. Is that what you really want? Wouldn't you rather identify it and start taking actions towards it?
I'll tell about my shortcoming. I am not the tidiest person you know. I work 24/7 so my brain just automatically sees tidiness as something that is less important. You will find my clothes on the floor and yes, my shoes will be at the north and south poles of the room. Secretly, I wished I could be immaculate but I honestly don't have time for it. I didn't make any excuse for it, I just thought about a way to feed it. Trying to be tidy was out of the question, I had little time for it.
Feeding Your Shortcomings
There was only one solution, hiring a cleaner. Yes, I said it. Yes, it costs. Yes, that means a little extra out of my pocket BUT the shoes are in the racks, the beds are made and having a tidy clean and scented environment is what i would rather come home to. However, if you did not know this and came to visit me at home you might be in shock of how 'in place' everything is. Of course I didn't do it, but my space is tidy. Goal achieved. Shortcoming fed, this time- with money. Be aware that feeding a shortcoming with money will be expensive but for me this solution is cost effective and fit into my personal life.
However, the way I feed mine does not automatically mean that is the only way. If I had more time, I probably could dedicate specific times of the day to making my space and environment more welcoming. This goes for anything else, because there are some things money cant buy, some shortcomings need to be fed through time, hard work, practice and dedication. Obviously, this only works if you are tired of your shortcoming and you are ready to do something about it.
I am yet to see a shortcoming that a solution cannot be found for. If you are willing to feed your shortcomings, it WILL eat. We as a people need to strive to be better. The phrase ' my imperfections make me perfect' is true to a certain degree but some people take this too far. The less shortcomings you have, the better you will feel and the more accomplished you can be in life. Take action today.

No comments:
Post a Comment